About Me

Thank you for stopping by my blog! My name is Dave and I am 21 years old. I have always wanted to be a great inspiration to anybody I meet on my journey. I created this space to post some of the experiences I have day to day. I have set out on a journey to learn from my direct experience. These are simply recordings of the lessons I learn through listening and feeling. My intention is to expand your awareness, to provide new perspective. I wish to spread love and create harmony in the individual. : D

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A New Opportunity

You know I am starting to really love the times that I feel down, uncomfortable, anxious, nervous, and stressed. Funny right? In previous articles I brought up the idea of success and failure being two ways to look at the same thing. I applied this idea to all of the negative feelings I experience. Instead of these experiences being problematic, they have now become opportunities. An opportunity to bring change. I noticed that after I experienced these feelings and they have gone away I feel amazing! I feel like I climbed a mountain, like I accomplished a great task. I think, what if I didn't feel awkward right now? What if I waited to see what happened next instead of worrying? What if I tried something new. Aha! These feelings are an opportunity to expand your awareness. I believe they will always be there to some degree, but this doesn't mean we need to run away from them. I learned to let these feelings go. The faster you let them go the sooner you will find peace and the more you will know. They are built in indicators that change must occur to expand and reclaim harmony. When we run away from these feelings or try to hide them, we only empower them.

Easier said than done one might say. Well allow me to expand your perspective even more. When you are in a state of conflict (not feeling with it) It has always been my first instinct to resist that feeling. Sometimes I find myself holding onto it, perpetuating it. Well why would I want to keep experiencing this feeling? I truly believe we hold onto these feels because we think that is how they go away. Suppressing would mean you are running away from it, trying to hide it. And expressing it makes you feel more of that feeling. Take a deep breathe for a minute or so. This is a lesson in letting go. I quiet my mind and listen for new perspective, or smile. Revisit a memory that made you happy. Know that as soon as you let go of this idea and expand your awareness that healing with come. You are not this feeling, it was simply an indicator that change must happen, its time to grow. I promise the second you agree to move on, those feelings will vanish. You are the one who has the power to change your life, not anyone else. Like anything practice makes perfect, so if the first time is really hard, congratulate yourself for the awesome job you did! As you get used to change it becomes a game, a really fun one! You gain confidence as your accomplish more. Keep smiling throughout the process. Keep breathing. The you you have always dreamed of becoming is waiting on the other side of this obstacle, he/she is infinitely patient. Some people hold on for a life time and that's perfectly okay. Some people can let go in an instant. Just don't forget, this feeling is here for you to learn from, it is not punishment, it is opportunity.

Love, Dave

1 comment:

  1. i diggg:] being the first one i read yet so far..and absolutely making sense in every type of bit:]

    ReplyDelete