About Me

Thank you for stopping by my blog! My name is Dave and I am 21 years old. I have always wanted to be a great inspiration to anybody I meet on my journey. I created this space to post some of the experiences I have day to day. I have set out on a journey to learn from my direct experience. These are simply recordings of the lessons I learn through listening and feeling. My intention is to expand your awareness, to provide new perspective. I wish to spread love and create harmony in the individual. : D

Friday, December 2, 2011

Appreciation

This past week has been full of change. Just two days ago I had one of the best days of my life. I felt amazing the entire day! I felt whole, connected, fulfilled, united, harmonized. I felt like I was living in a dream. Miracles were happening left and right! Everyone in the house I live in had changed. They were all smiling and full of energy, excited about the day. Before I went to sleep I looked back on my day feeling such strong love in my heart. I asked "Can one constantly live like this? What secret did I stumble upon?" I laid my head down with a smile on my face, excited for the next day. I woke up the next day and it was not the profound feeling of harmony I was expecting. I was happy, but not glowing. As I moved through my day I felt this love from the previous day shine through intermittently. As the day cast into the late evening I was confused as to why this day was not as rich as the previous. I meditated and balanced my energy before bed to make sure my spirit was pure. I read a few pages from my book and decided it was time to sleep. This is when I learned (remembered) an amazing lesson.

This evening I would be taught a lesson in appreciation. As soon as the word left my lips electricity was rushing through my body, I felt whole again. I sat in silence to listen to the lesson I was about to receive. I was blessed with the awareness that for most of my day I had been thinking, why is this day not as rich as the previous? Instead of appreciating I was comparing and keeping my focus on a lesser feeling. I had learned the importance of appreciation  in this very moment. Appreciation is a pure expression of love. It is a maximal expression, as all forms of love are. You see even with miracles happening all around if you don't take the time to see and love what you already have, you are truly missing out. My slightly off day was an experience I had to go through in order to learn why this form of love was so important. I had to experience what is was like to live without appreciation of these profound changes in my life before I could truly know why this love was necessary. That evening I went to sleep with a huge smile on my face, feeling just as I did the night before.

The lesson here is simply to acknowledge and show gratitude for what you currently have. If you are feeling negative you may not see anything at first glance, but surely you can find something to appreciate. (Keep in mind this negativity is an opportunity to change and heal!) This morning I asked myself, what are you thankful for? I wrote: I am thankful to have woken up in a beautiful and warm home. I am thankful to have food to eat for breakfast. I am thankful for the loving owners of this house who so graciously welcomed me in. I am thankful for the clothes I have to wear. I am thankful for this will to be my highest ideal and the powerful changes it has created.Most importantly, I am thankful for the love I feel. Even the smallest change in your life deserves this love and attention. It could be something as small as changing a thought about yourself, or a thought about another! Maybe you could look at the beauty in nature through loving eyes this time. Do not forget the importance of appreciation and gratitude, they are truly great expressions of love. When you have learned to appreciate you are making a statement to the universe that says "I have love! I am love!" This will only bring more love into your life. Bringing loving people, and loving circumstances. We all know this secret of gratitude, but as humans we forget, it is my purpose to remind you.

                                  Love,  Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment