About Me

Thank you for stopping by my blog! My name is Dave and I am 21 years old. I have always wanted to be a great inspiration to anybody I meet on my journey. I created this space to post some of the experiences I have day to day. I have set out on a journey to learn from my direct experience. These are simply recordings of the lessons I learn through listening and feeling. My intention is to expand your awareness, to provide new perspective. I wish to spread love and create harmony in the individual. : D

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Mini-Day Schedule

The Mini-Day Schedule is a technique to help everyone become massively more productive. This technique was created by Mark Hamilton. For those of you who aren't familiar with this gentlemen, please allow me to provide some background. Mark Hamilton is the author of a series of books called Neo-Tech. I have personally read two of the three 1000-1200pg volumes. The Mini-day Schedule comes from the very first book. This is where Mark breaks down every single task he must accomplish to keep his company running for the next three days.

A fraction of Mark's Tasks:

Call Stuart to uncover lucrative french magazines for Ad
Write letter to Nightingale-Conant to rent profitable list
copy write revolutionary videotape production
call and negotiate KCI Masterfile for potential European profits
Call Him Tegtmire
Write Stuart C. about discount on mailing lists
Write email letter to British European mailing
make format corrections on new expanding envelope idea
fill out and send 2nd class application to post office
Meet with Keri to further organize Summit
Meet with Helen to supervise IBM process
Hold interviews for job opening 
Arrange insertion in strategic investment news letter
(This is a half page of tasks, part of two full pages just so you have an idea of how many tasks this man has)

He then arranges each task by its common physical movement, just as an assembly line would.

Phone Calls
Letter Writing
Copy Writing
Accounting
Meetings and People
Operations

The next step is to assign each of these subjects into a time slot, example: 

Phone Calls: 20%  or  2  hrs
Letter Writing: 15% or  1.5 hrs
Copy Writing:  10%  or 1 hr
Accounting:  20%  or  2 hrs
Meetings: 15%  or 1.5 hrs
Operations: 20%  or 2 hours

Now enter this new information into a real time day:

8:00-10:00  Phone calls
10:00-11:30 Letter Writing
11:30-1:30 Operations
1:30-2:30 Copy Writing
2:30-4:30 Accounting
4:30-6:30 Meetings

This now becomes an organization of physical movements assigned to time stations.
In the morning from 8-10 you will strictly focus on phone calls. You must focus for the full time you assign the slot and immediately stop when it ends. Your focus is the power behind this technique. I know all of you reading this article don't have nearly as much to do as the CEO of a company but let me show you how I integrated my life with this tool. 
 My Mini-day Schedule:

Writing:                            1 1/2 hrs
Reading:                           1 hr
Networking:                     2 hrs
Social/Meetings:              2 hr minimum
Research/Brainstorming: 1 1/12 hrs
Arts:                                 1 hr
Meditation:                      1 hr

I hope you have all enjoyed my breakdown of the Mini-day schedule. Organizing yourself with this schedule will leave you with not enough to do! You are going to find yourself finishing way before your time slots end. Keep filling your schedule up, you can accomplish much more than you originally thought. 

A new article will be posted each day so be sure to follow me and check in regularly!

Here's to your inevitable success,
Dave Trauterman

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this information. I'm reading Mark Hamilton's book right now, and just posted a blog about moving through the resistances to implementing the mini-day schedule. I linked to your post in it, here: http://dantolife.blogspot.com/2014/05/day-384-mini-day-scheduling-resistance.html

    ReplyDelete