About Me

Thank you for stopping by my blog! My name is Dave and I am 21 years old. I have always wanted to be a great inspiration to anybody I meet on my journey. I created this space to post some of the experiences I have day to day. I have set out on a journey to learn from my direct experience. These are simply recordings of the lessons I learn through listening and feeling. My intention is to expand your awareness, to provide new perspective. I wish to spread love and create harmony in the individual. : D

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Attention! *Facepalm*

I learned another extremely valuable lesson just a minute ago. I have been feeling out of for a day or so now. With the new awareness I had gained, a lot of it coming from my previous articles, I could not understand why I was experiencing resistance (fear) again. I knew none of the silly thoughts in my mind were real. I was so confused as to why I was experiencing resistance again. I ran away from this feeling for an entire day, pretending it wasn't there, because according to my own teachings, it wasn't. I tried to meditate to calm my mind, but I ended up pulling at my hair and filling with frustration. I picked up a piece of paper and agreed this was it. I was going to get to the bottom of this if it took me all night. I reread an article and the words started pouring.

I wrote "What do you want? "
             A: I want to constantly experience this world through the eyes of love.
"Do you know how?"
             A: Let go completely, but when you are resisting it seems so hard, so far out of reach.
"Where is your attention? Are you looking for more ways to suffer? Are you concentrating on negativity?
             A: I guess I am...

LIGHT BULB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : DDDDDDDD BOOM and I exploded with joy!
"Try shifting your focus to happy thoughts, words, and actions"
             ^ *Facepalm* ^

The very second I admitted to being the creator of this resistance I had a revelation. Your attention, what you are focused on, becomes your experience. First your thoughts, then your words, and last your actions(behavior). If you wanna smile, you don't frown. If you want to rid yourself of any inner conflict simply take your focus off of the negative aspects and start looking at the positive side. Surely you can find one positive aspect! If you are trying to change your habits (say stop smoking) keep your eye on the prize. Keep your attention on being a non-smoker, and forget about the rest. Put your attention on what you want. If you want to be happy, think happy thoughts, If you want to smile show those teeth! I see this same theme reoccurring in my life; for some reason I believed that by suffering (resisting) I would gain happiness at some point or another. Don't laugh at me, check out your life! Hahah : ) How many times have you worried about not having money, not being able to pay a bill? You are focusing on the lack of money you have, when in reality you want more money! Your suffering will not bring you more money. What will bring you more, is when you take your attention off of not having enough and start focusing on having more. Either way you look at it you still have the same amount of money. Why suffer? Its all perspective lady's and gentlemen, its all perspective. This is a classic case of pessimism vs. optimism. Two ways of looking at one thing. Are you gonna choose the one that makes you feel great (Optimism) or are you going to choose the one that makes you worried, scared, and frustrated (pessimism)? You now see why I *face palmed* earlier, what a silly mistake! We have to laugh at ourselves sometimes, it keeps us sane. Keep your eyes on the positive side, it does make a difference. When you fill your mind with negativity all your thoughts will be stained with this goop. Your thoughts determine your words, and your thoughts/words determine your behavior/actions! Behavior and actions determine habits. The most important lesson here is that you try this for yourself. Never take a word I say for granted unless you have experienced it. The second important lesson here is to always keep your attention on the positive, you really can't go wrong. Keep focusing on that love, that beauty! I love you all very much : D

                                                             Love, Dave      

No comments:

Post a Comment